Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Anonymous 11/22...

We had a lovely comment yesterday from a wonderful parent:

We just moved to Sebastopol and my younger son Devin goes to Brookhaven. My older son Scott is 14. Scott was diagnosed with Bukitts when he was 6. He spent 6 months at UCSF. He is now almost 8 years in remission. We went through the same scenario with the abdominal pains and getting diagnosed. So glad to here RJ's was caught so early. I pray everything goes as well for RJ as it did for Scott. The battle is just beginning.

Unfortunately, it was anonymous - we'd love to get in touch with you if you don't mind. Would you please email cyn@cjomololu.com ? This was particularly helpful and we'd love to have you talk to Jessica so that she will feel less alone and be able to ask questions from someone who's been there.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica Renee, my middle namesake. I am so sorry to hear about RJ and all that is happening to you and your family. I wanted to pass along to you that my nephew Michael, Eddie's son, was diagnosed with Burkitts about 2 years ago. He was 27 years old and in Iraq at the time. They could not figure out what was wrong with him for awhile because it is a childhood form of cancer and he got it as an adult.

    He went through all the chemo and treatments once they did surgery to remove the large abdominal tumor in Iraq and then sent him to Germany and back to the US. He kicked its ass and is cancer free now. It is curable, I guess if you consider being "cancer free" cured. I hope that your son has a good outcome like my nephew did. I am praying for you and your family. I hope your baby girl is ok too. I will post the blog on my Facebook page and I will make a donation to your fund.

    You old next door neighbor from CV, Renee

    ReplyDelete